The Resource Program offers both formal and informal academic supports for students in grades Pre-K through 8. The Resource teachers endeavor to help students unlock their potential and find the keys to their academic success.
Ways We Can Help
- Mother of God School recognizes that students develop at their own pace and with a range of learning styles and modalities; there are many reasons students may require additional support.
- The Resource Program offers both formal and informal academic support for students. Teachers and parents may request assistance from the Resource teachers for any student concern. The assistance may range from a consultation to the implementation of an academic support plan coupled with interventions.
- Students needing additional support can receive remedial support on a short term or long term basis.. This support is based on the teachers’ observations in agreement with parents and MOG school administrators. The interventions are seamless and part of the instructional day.
- The Resource Program assists students with many varied academic needs: reading comprehension, writing skills, study skills, organization, memory techniques, and test taking strategies to name a few.
- The Resource Teachers assist parents with all referrals for educational evaluations: collecting the necessary data and forwarding this information to the evaluating agency (either Montgomery County Public Schools or a private provider), performing classroom observations, administering informal and formal reading assessments, and acting as a liaison between the parents, school, and evaluating agency.
- The Resource teachers organize and maintain the confidential records of students who have received educational evaluations, writing and implementing accommodation plans, and working with all stakeholders to support the learner.
Meet our Resource Teachers!
Mrs. Suzanne Babich
Mrs. Katherine Santa-Rita