10 weeks of Camp for Students in Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
June through August 2018
You can choose as many weeks as you want.
The Summer Session for older students will follow the same themes as the Pre-K students, but activities will be geared toward the interests and abilities of older children.
- Your child will have a bigger say in what they learn. We will find out what they already know and explore the topics they want to know more about.
- We will have some group/circle times that are apart from Pre-K so we can learn on our level.
- Hands-on science experiments will use materials and procedures that “real scientists” use, whenever possible.
- We will listen to books that are on our level.
- We will use fine art and literature as inspiration for art and craft projects. We can explore new art techniques as well.
- We will have some of our play times apart from the younger children so we can play age-appropriate games and sports.
- Academic activities will come from the skills taught in these older grades.
- Parents may choose to have their child work on summer IXL and read assigned books during the afternoon program (1/2 hour a few times a week).
Of course, we will still be going on nature hikes, digging the dirt, playing in the water, going to the pool, acting out stories, singing songs and having so much fun that we won’t even know that we’re learning!