Mother of God School Outperforms Blue Ribbon Schools
At Mother of God School, students thrive in an atmosphere of mutual love and respect which fosters academic excellence. Our dedicated faculty are able to provide personal attention and challenge each student to rise to their God-given potential. Mother of God School students outperform students from Blue Ribbon Schools by as much as 23%.
We credit our success to:
- Small class sizes
- Low Student/Teacher ratio
- Dedicated Faculty with advanced degrees
- Respectful and Caring Learning Environment
- At Mother of God School, we promote an education with traditional Liberal Arts at its core. We supplement this solid, tried and true educational model with 21st century skills meant to prepare our students for success in our rapidly changing world. We offer a rigorous traditional phonics program, with a strong focus on reading, writing and math as a solid foundation for our primary grades.
- We offer our Middle School students instruction through our”One-to-One” Middle School Chromebook program, fostering 21st Century computing and collaborative research skills.
- Mother of God School provides state of the art STEM Education through creative and competitive initiatives. Our students collaborate in cross-curricular Project Based Learning. In addition to our advanced mathematics curriculum, our students are encouraged and supported in their efforts to advance as far as possible based on their ability.
The Arts are an important part of this Liberal Arts education fostering creativity, a love and appreciation of beauty, physical strengthening and development of God-given talents.
Our strong Liberal Arts focus is an ideal preparation for academic and personal success in High School and beyond. Our Eighth Grade Students are accepted to the school of their choice, and many go on to the very best high schools in the Washington DC area.
Vibrant Faith Foundation
At Mother of God School, our faith is lived and breathed. Our service to the truth is interwoven seamlessly into the fabric of our educational model.
Our students receive an education rooted in the truths of the Catholic Faith. Weekly Mass, Regular Confession and Sacramental Preparation for First Holy Communion (2nd Grade) and Confirmation (8th Grade) are just the beginning. Our students are taught and trained in the morals and values that have sustained our Church and our society for over 2000 years. Love of God and Love of Neighbor are the crux of the faith and we foster every opportunity for our students to grow in their understanding of how to live out these two Great Commandments.
Our students are encouraged and taught to pray. Prayers such as The Morning Offering, The Angelus, and The Our Father, St. Michael the Archangel prayer are infused throughout our day, as well as petitions of prayer for our families, our nation and our world.
Our students are taught to serve and Mother of God School is the only K-8 School in the nation to have a sodality of St. Vincent de Paul. Our students collect food, clothing and other needs during the year and work together with St. Martins Food Pantry to distribute them to the needy. We foster an atmosphere of respect for the dignity of our neighbor, and our culture promotes friendship, kindness and love of neighbor. Our students exemplify these qualities and it shows – come and visit our school, and you will feel it immediately!
Built on a foundation of strong academics rooted in faith, Mother of God School prepares students to bear the Light of Christ in the world.
- Atmosphere of love and respect
- Catholic Faith integration
- Religious instruction
- Weekly Mass
- Sacramental Preparation
The Mother of God School Pre-K program is a wonderful place for your 3 or 4 year old to grow. Our dedicated teachers provide a high-quality educational experience interspersed with plenty of time playing outdoors on our gorgeous 18 acre campus. We offer full-time and part-time options and provide extended care to help ease the scheduling demands of some of our families.
- While we are the largest Catholic Pre-K Program in the area, with approximately 60 preschoolers in our program, we provide small class sizes, either a class of 10 or 20 students – both with 2 fulltime teachers.
- Full-time / Part-time / Year-Round options
- 18 acre campus with playground, gymnasium, library and more.
- On-site before and after care program beginning at 6:30am and ending at 6:00pm.
- Primary school resources enhance the Pre-K experience with older student buddies.
- Excellent Kindergarten prep curriculum focuses on: Personal and Social development, language and literacy, mathematical and scientific thinking, social studies, the Arts and physical development.